Blinking Green light on kasa cam outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-01 05:18:49

About a year ago I bought 2 Kasa Cam outdoor for my home. Both cameras have worked flawlessly up until about a week ago. One camera has worked perfectly the entire time but the other has stopped alerting me to recordings and ceased to storerecordings. I subsequently did a reset of the unit to reinstall and try to get back connected to the wifi and cloud server. once i did that, it would not allow me to complete the installation process as it would not connect to the server. I attempted muliple hard factory resets with the same results. From there I reached out to the online chat tech support who worked with me for 2.5 hours on troubleshooting the problem including more hard resets and even working with me to change my wifi network information and the DNS server on my network to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4... This seemed to allow my camera to connect for just long enough for me to walk to it (15 feet) where it failed and began to blink green again. The unit will not allow me to recconnect the camera, nor will it allow me to finish set-up on the install now. My other camera which is on the same network has worked flawlessly even after connecting to the changed network. This camera is vital to my families security and peace of mind as i work as a firefighter doing no less than 24hour shifts. My wife is pregnant and would be a great unit to have working again. I do pay for the premium cloud service and the unit that is not working is less than 10 feet from the my main wifi router.. PLEASE HELP!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Blinking Green light on kasa cam outdoor
2020-06-02 20:50:55

@phireman3395 

Bring the cameras to the same room of the router, and go through with the reset and adding back to Kasa. If they work fine when in the same room of the router then the issue may be the signal going to the cameras from the router.

Options
2020-10-05 00:44:36

@Tony I'm having the same problem and I've tried everything nothing will work. Shows up on my list for about 2 seconds then disappears then app goes black and comes back on. Camera still blinking green.

Options
2020-10-05 01:08:13

@Dylan1111 I pretty much gave up... than one day... all of our house hold connected items we're giving me trouble, I reached out to my provider (spectrum) they did a full reset for the modem and router on their end of the network and ever since everything has been working perfectly. I didn't expect it, had given up hope on the camera and suddenly there it was working great. Hope that's the solution for you as well. 

Options
2020-10-05 01:16:14

@phireman3395 I'll have to try that! I also have spectrum so I hope it works for mine as well. 

Thank you!

Options
2021-12-29 18:14:48

I've just had the same issue, it would appear that it's a hardware failure. 

Nothing else can explain it. 

With so many people having the same issue. 

I've now binned it and gone to another make. 

The support I've had from them is none existent also. 

It's clearly a throw away product as they've stopped supporting it a while ago. 

Makes you wonder. 

Anyone with this issue now I suggest simply buy another make and one with a good support network 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 12892

Replies: 5

Related Articles