Mis-sold "cloud" cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mis-sold "cloud" cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mis-sold "cloud" cameras
Mis-sold "cloud" cameras
2020-06-06 11:02:32
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I purchased 3 x of these kc200 cameras from Amazon UK in October 2019.  When I purchased them the web page clearly stated that you got 2 days of cloud storage included with the camera.

I have now had an email saying the plan I am currently on will end in 30 days and I now have to pay for cloud storage.  This  is completely contrary to what it said when I purchased these cameras, and also what it says on the box which says "free cloud storage".

Has anybody else been mis-sold these cameras in this way?  I now have about £250 worth of junk cameras.  I will see if I can return them to Amzon, if not I guess I will have to contact trading standards.

This is utterly deceptive and dishonest, leaves a bad tatse in the mouth and as such will be the last TP Link product I buy.  

Also the live chat support is laughable - like conversing with a small child.  I guess you get what you pay for.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mis-sold "cloud" cameras
2020-06-08 18:07:56

@Brian-Boitano 

If you open the Kasa app, then go to the top left menu, then Kasa Care. What does it show for your listed cameras? Please provide a screenshot if possible.

Options
Re:Mis-sold "cloud" cameras
2020-07-27 11:32:52

@Brian-Boitano I've had a similar experience. Purchased two of these for my parents back in Jan around the idea that there wil be a free plan at the end of the 2 year free period - turns out the free plan is just live view with absolutely no other method of manually recording. So unless they pay up, the cameras are now useless a recording devices.  Even the free 2 year period has been heavily scaled back as we've received an email earlier this month suddenly announcing that the recording periods have now been cut to (i believe) just 2 days. Bit off doing this part way into the free period!

The product page on Amazon for the KC200 camera is extremely limited in explaining what these subscriptions are. Literally it just says:

"Cloud Storage – Supports secure cloud storage to review and download your recordings from Kasa app (additional charges apply)"

Should be miles clearer than this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 685

Replies: 2