Kasa Cam Connectivity - Won’t Connect KC-120

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 20:56:09

I'm trying to get my camera set up. I found a post on this forum regarding forgetting the network on my phone, a hard reset, etc. I went through those steps and didn't have any luck.

So, I logged into my internet carrier network and added the camera manually using its MAC address. I was able to add it without a problem. The camera is now flashing green. I believe this means it's connected to the internet, correct?

The problem now is the app! The camera seems to be set on WiFi but the app isn't registering it. It's still showing no devices and when I try the traditional route of adding the camera it fails to connect during the second part of the connection process (connecting to my network).

After the failure notification on the app, the camera continues to try to connect and eventually moves to the green flashing light stage...but the app has already decided it won't connect as a result doesn't add the darn camera. I've tried and trito figure this out and am at a total loss.

any help or suggestions would the awesome! I don't want to have to go through the headache of having to return this thing. I just want it to work. 

Does the company have another app that will allow me to add the camera using QR Code or manually as to utilize the WiFi connection I added using the MAC address?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Cam Connectivity - Won’t Connect KC-120
2020-06-23 19:42:20

@Coopers07 

Try hard resetting the camera by holding the reset for 20 seconds, then letting go.

Verify the wireless password you are entering for the camera by forgetting the network on your smartphone then connecting back. 

You could try changing the router security to different modes and test to see if the camera connects (WPA2-PSK, WPA, WPA2/WPA).

Another thing you can try is to use a different smartphone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1027

Replies: 1