Kasa plugs all stopped working at once

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-27 04:00:01

Hi,

I have numerous Kasa plugs operating in my house (a dozen?). They have worked well for a year. Today, all of them stopped working at the same time. I am controlling them through Alexa, and Alexa says she has a problem. Please delete the skill and re enter the skill. I have done this and it seems to make no difference at all. There is power to the plugs and the Alexa dots and echos all work for other devices (switches, bulbs, etc.) still.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Kasa plugs all stopped working at once
2020-06-27 17:30:18

@RBC 

Do the plugs still work with the KASA App?

If not, being all stopped at the same time, I would look at the router WiFi settings.

You may have received an update which set the WiFi to WPA3 Personal.

If so set it back to WPA2 Personal.

Let us know how it goes.

Options
2020-06-27 18:24:55

@B.Will Yes, the plugs all work with the Kasa app still, so I can control them through my phone. They just won't work with Alexa anymore, and Alexa still works with other devices (thermostat, switches). I'll look at the wifi anyway, but everything else in the house still works with the wifi.

Options
2020-06-27 19:39:10

@RBC 

Delete the app from your phone, then reinstall and log on.

Options
2020-10-21 02:37:59

@RBC If still issue, check your app login.  Someone else suggested I log in as my wife disable/re-enable the KASA skill, and magically voice commands started working again.... 

Options
2020-10-24 05:06:00

@Hardsteele 

It worked! Thanks for the tip.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3434

Replies: 5

Related Articles