Bulb keeps turning on LONG after schedule was turned off, changed, deleted, and Factory Reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bulb keeps turning on LONG after schedule was turned off, changed, deleted, and Factory Reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-07 00:43:58 - last edited 2020-07-09 21:02:50
Model: LB110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I have an LB110 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HXM8XE2/) that has a mind of it's own. Is there a "harder" reset than turning it off and on 5 times?

It deletes, I have to rediscover and name the device, but then every night it turns on all by itself. I have a number of different TP link smart bulbs and this is the only one with the issue. 

Please help!

Kid

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Bulb keeps turning on LONG after schedule was turned off, changed, deleted, and Factory Reset-Solution
2020-07-08 16:25:19 - last edited 2020-07-09 21:02:50

@NYCkid 

Turning the bulb on three times will reset the network, five times will reset the entire device. 

The bulb can turn on if either itself is turning off then back on or due to the power going out then coming back on. Since your other bulbs do not it looks like the device itself.

Even though you set up the device multiple times, check the settings in the Kasa app, and look at the firmware, see if there happens to be any firmware for the bulb.

If the app shows there are no firmware updates available I would reach out to support at that point.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Bulb keeps turning on LONG after schedule was turned off, changed, deleted, and Factory Reset-Solution
2020-07-08 16:25:19 - last edited 2020-07-09 21:02:50

@NYCkid 

Turning the bulb on three times will reset the network, five times will reset the entire device. 

The bulb can turn on if either itself is turning off then back on or due to the power going out then coming back on. Since your other bulbs do not it looks like the device itself.

Even though you set up the device multiple times, check the settings in the Kasa app, and look at the firmware, see if there happens to be any firmware for the bulb.

If the app shows there are no firmware updates available I would reach out to support at that point.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Bulb keeps turning on LONG after schedule was turned off, changed, deleted, and Factory Reset
2020-07-09 21:03:10
Thanks so much!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2100

Replies: 2