KC200 We need firmware update with RTSP protocol support, etc.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-07 22:36:28
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

This TP-Link KC200 camera has many deficiencies, which I will list here:

1- It does not have RTSP support to record and watch live from a PC.

2- Not having the RTSP option, you cannot store local video formats on a NAS or PC for example.

3- It does not have support to see multiple KC200 cameras at the same time.

4- It has a limit of 2 days of recording or 1GB (whichever occurs first) in the cloud. If you want more space you will have to pay.

5- You have no option to show and view the "time stamp" (date and time) of recording in the video.

6- You have no option to change the sound alarm for your own audio that you can customize.

Very simple options to add with a firmware update, that the TP-Link development and support people don't seem to care about the claims of their consumers.

We should ask TP-Link to support the RTSP protocol, which is very important, so each one has to record the video locally, either on a PC or NAS. All this support can be done by updating the firmware. The same as adding a menu to be able to add free cloud from other servers.

I await a response with a solution from TP-Link and those who represent it responding on behalf of the brand, and that they make the relevant updates that we as consumers demand.

Options
7 Reply
Re:KC200 We need firmware update with RTSP protocol support, etc.
2020-07-08 20:48:30

@eduytito 

I can forward the feature requests you mentioned.

There will be cameras (Kasa Cams) that work with SD cards so that will allow for local recording. 

Our Tapo C200 actually has RTSP and can record to an SD card.

As far as the Kasa app you can select the camera tab where it will show multiple cameras. The Tapo app you can have a grid which is what I think you may be referring to.

Options
2020-07-08 21:15:25

@Tony 

Well thank you for sending what I ask here for the KC200 camera, the most important thing is the support for the RTSP protocol, without that option this camera is obsolete.

I am not interested in the other cameras, since they are not for external use.

I look forward to adding the RTSP protocol to this KC200 camera and all the other features in the next firmware, I know they can. I hope to thank you!

Options
2020-08-11 15:34:04
Funny, I just posted about this. I don't know how I missed this thread. I'd be interested in this too. I am curious, do you guys have somewhere you make announcements on upcoming products/updates etc? Or even a development roadmap? I love my KC200s and would love to see a Kasa/Tapo version that has SD storage and/or RTSP; particularly as I have began learning and setting up Home Assistant and would love to be able to integrate them in!
Options
2020-08-13 17:05:17

@EricS 

We do not have a map of sorts for things that are planned. From what I have seen, things are constantly changing. 

Options
2020-08-13 19:16:42 - last edited 2020-08-13 19:17:39

@Tony once the 2 years free cloud has finished my kc200 is no longer any good for the intended purpose, therefore I will be sending it back for a full refund as it will no longer be of any use for the intended purchase thank you

Options
2021-11-09 18:17:38 - last edited 2021-11-18 16:04:22

Tony wrote

@eduytito 

I can forward the feature requests you mentioned.

There will be cameras (Kasa Cams) that work with SD cards so that will allow for local recording. 

Our Tapo C200 actually has RTSP and can record to an SD card.

@Tony 

OK, so I took your advice, @Tony, returned my KC410S to Amazon, & bought a Tapo C200 from Amazon (I live near Seattle, where Amazon HQ is located).

The Tapo C200 came with a EU (European Union) power adapter, so I returned it as well to Amazon.  I contacted the seller (also near Seattle), & they don't have any with USA power adapters.

@Tony, can you direct me to any retailer in the USA, that sells a Tapo C200 with a USA power adapter???

RTSP & continuous (without interruptions) live viewing is pretty much a requirement in this market.  People returning products that don't meet obvious requirements doesn't do anyone any good.

Options
2022-02-03 17:39:20

I finally gave up on the consumer market delivering a reasonable RTSP camera, & went with the Ubiquiti system.  It requires their own local storage device ("Dream Machine Pro" for $379) to which you then add a storage drive of the desired capacity.  However, since I already owned that device (which is also a networking device), the only problem is that (due to supply chain issues) Ubiquiti has a very hard time keeping the cameras in stock for more than a few hours at a time (their cameras are very popular), & each account is limited as to the number of cameras you can order.

Meanwhile, the consumer market is flooded with consumer cameras that don't meet people's needs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1841

Replies: 7