EXTENDER INTERNET STATUS DISCONNECTED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-24 02:37:15
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, can you help me with my problem? My devices can connect to the extender but there is no internet connection. Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:EXTENDER INTERNET STATUS DISCONNECTED
2020-07-24 20:50:41

@aamelia 

I would first check the firmware the extender is using. If you have the TL-WA850RE v6 look at the firmware build you are using, you want it to be running 200403 (date). If the firmware build is older, update here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wa850re/#Firmware

You would download the latest firmware, extract and upload the .bin file by going to the settings menu.

If the firmware is up to date go to the wireless menu and see what the password the extender is using to connect to the router. The wireless password should be the same one you would use to connect to the router wirelessly. Once you see what the password is set to, use your smartphone to forget your router's Wi-Fi, connect back to is, and enter the same password the extender is using. 

Options
2020-08-16 06:07:54

@Tony my extender is v7. Also, the password is the same as our router. I tried connecting it manually but to no avail. All my devices can detect the extender. The RE Led won't solid on. I made sure that the WPS button in our router is clicked. I tried different methods configuring it, but still not successful. Could the problem be in our router?

Tony wrote

@aamelia 

I would first check the firmware the extender is using. If you have the TL-WA850RE v6 look at the firmware build you are using, you want it to be running 200403 (date). If the firmware build is older, update here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wa850re/#Firmware

You would download the latest firmware, extract and upload the .bin file by going to the settings menu.

If the firmware is up to date go to the wireless menu and see what the password the extender is using to connect to the router. The wireless password should be the same one you would use to connect to the router wirelessly. Once you see what the password is set to, use your smartphone to forget your router's Wi-Fi, connect back to is, and enter the same password the extender is using. 

Options
2020-08-16 06:09:48
The problem started when we restarted our router. Could that be the reason? If yes, how can I connect it back? Thank you
Options
2020-08-17 18:17:14

@aamelia 

Go to our official website, and search for the model of your extender, when you go to the firmware page compare the latest build there to the build you currently have.

Since you are able to log into the extender using the web browser, use that as a way to set up the device. I would recommend using a smartphone to verify the wireless password by forgetting your router Wi-Fi, then connecting back, now enter the same wireless password you gave the extender to see if your smartphone connects. If it does, then go back to the extender web interface, go to Wireless > Wireless Scanner, choose your router, then in the Host 2.4GHz Password enter the same wireless password you used in your smartphone to connect to your Wi-Fi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3832

Replies: 4

Related Articles