Sunrise/Sunset with offset on Outdoor Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-25 21:23:15 - last edited 2020-07-25 21:25:26
Model: KP400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I have several of the Smart Home WiFi Outlet's (HS105) that allow me to set a schedule event tied to sunrise or sunset.  I can also set the event to a number of minutes before or after sunrise/sunset.  This is a very nice feature, and resulted in the purchase of several Outdoor Smart Plug's (KP400).

The Outdoor Smart Plug's don't appear to allow you to set an offset from sunrise/sunset, or at least I can't figure it out.  Their schedule event page looks different from that of the HS105's.

How do I set an offset with the outdoor plugs?

This is the schedule screen of the HS105, allowing an offset:

This is the schedule screen of the KP400, which does not appear to offer an offset:

Options
4 Reply
Re:Sunrise/Sunset with offset on Outdoor Smart Plug
2020-07-28 18:05:29

@Crunch 

There are plans to release firmware for the KP400 to have the offset feature like the HS105. 

When the firmware is available you will see it by going to your Kasa settings then firmware upgrade.

Options
2020-07-30 03:03:21

@Tony, do you have an ETA on this?  It's a pretty important feature that I thought existed based on my testing of the other indoor plug.  If it's going to be a while, I may return these and go a diffrent direction.

Options
2020-07-30 18:06:40

@Crunch 

Unfortunately, there is no ETA.

Options
2020-12-13 22:56:56

@Tony Any update on this yet? This is a massive feature that's missing for outdoor lights!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1062

Replies: 4

Related Articles