Remote Control & 5GHz Connection Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-15 18:19:14 - last edited 2020-08-15 18:21:44
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.11

I purchased my new light bulb and it arrived today. I own the LB130 and I love it so I decided to get another light for my other room. I was able to connect the KL 130 to my internet and control it from my 2.4GHz connection, but whenever I switch over to my 5GHz connection, it tells me the device is offline, which does not happen on my LB 130. Theoretically, with Remote Access, I should be able to control my light bulb regardless of where I am or what connection I'm connected to, so long as I have internet access. However, when I go to hit the Remote Control switch within the app, I get an error message saying "failed: cloud send cmd failed." I'm completely lost on how to move forward with it. If there's any method to fix either of these problems, please inform me. Thank You!

PS. I have tried resetting the light bulb itself, my phone itself, and even the router while updating the firmware. The light bulb and app are both also updated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote Control & 5GHz Connection Not Working
2020-08-17 22:14:46

@TheProphet718 

For the new bulb note the MAC address, then reserve an IP address on the router for one that is outside of the DHCP pool.

Another thing to try is to configure the DNS server setting on your router to be:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

If you still keep failing to enable the remote control, reach out to our support. It may be a situation where the device is bound to another account which support can help with that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 1