Downloaded videos from server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 16:28:11
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.1

I quite often download the video,s recorded by using the the app,i then transfer them to a pc and have opened the file up with windows mediaplayer, the file type has always been MP4 and had no issues,today i decided to download 3 videos and again transfer to the pc which i did.but i noticed the file type is now quicktime not MP4 and has caused a few issues getting them to open,ive not tried VLC yet which may be the default program if i cant get windows media to play them without issue.do we know why the format has changed in which the camera is recording at ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Downloaded videos from server
2020-09-01 17:47:55

@greenonion12 

Videos have since been switched to .avi like you mentioned. It appears to be due to technology in the backend.

You can still play .avi files using windows media player but would need to install a codec.

Using VLC is the easiest method as that will play the files without needing anything else.

Options
Re:Downloaded videos from server
2020-09-04 13:27:24
thanks for reply; i will skip the codec for media player and will use VLC as ive used it before on all my other pc,s,ive not long had this laptop on win 10 and was just trying to acheive playback on one piece of software without resorting to use others.but as we know media player is not a one glove fits all solution.i just wondered if the backend was changed so thats confirmed .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 2