HS105 plugs suddenly don't work with Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-21 12:01:00 - last edited 2022-05-05 22:32:27
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.18

Hi,.

2 days ago Alexa stopped working for my 2 HS105 smart plugs. Each plug is associated with different Amazon/Alexa accounts incidentally. 

I can turn ON/OFF the plugs in our Kasa apps but Alexa says "Skill Unresponsive". I tried disabling/enabling the skill and I also tried a 10 seconds reset of the plug and reinstalling the device in the Kasa app but issue persists. Doesn't work with Alexa anymore. 

Bought 12/2019 and plugs worked until 2 days ago. 

Pls advise 

Thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS105 plugs suddenly don't work with Alexa-Solution
2020-09-23 14:44:38 - last edited 2020-09-23 14:46:55

@Howster So if it helps anyone else. Login into alexa.amazon.com on your laptop, click on Skills on the left nav, scroll down to the TP-Link Kasa icon, click it and click on DISABLE SKILL button at the top.

Once skill is disabled go back and re-enable it by clicking on Enable on top right. Enter TP Link Cloud login credentials during enablement process. Add your plug if required and try ON/OFF functionality again within Alexa app. If you're in an "Amazon Household" account say to Alexa "switch to John's account" or whomever's account the plug is registered to. Last week I must have changed the password with some other TP Link service (Tp Link forum login, repeater setup or whatever) but plugs or app dashboards never threw visuals error and were linked to the tp cloud with an invalid older password.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS105 plugs suddenly don't work with Alexa
2020-09-22 14:55:35

@Howster 

Alexa works off of being able to remotely control the plugs so try disabling your Wi-Fi to see if the plug can be controlled remotely.

I believe the Alexa account being used, has to be the owner or the main account and not any of the household accounts.

Options
Re:HS105 plugs suddenly don't work with Alexa-Solution
2020-09-23 14:44:38 - last edited 2020-09-23 14:46:55

@Howster So if it helps anyone else. Login into alexa.amazon.com on your laptop, click on Skills on the left nav, scroll down to the TP-Link Kasa icon, click it and click on DISABLE SKILL button at the top.

Once skill is disabled go back and re-enable it by clicking on Enable on top right. Enter TP Link Cloud login credentials during enablement process. Add your plug if required and try ON/OFF functionality again within Alexa app. If you're in an "Amazon Household" account say to Alexa "switch to John's account" or whomever's account the plug is registered to. Last week I must have changed the password with some other TP Link service (Tp Link forum login, repeater setup or whatever) but plugs or app dashboards never threw visuals error and were linked to the tp cloud with an invalid older password.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HS105 plugs suddenly don't work with Alexa
2020-09-25 01:46:05
THANK YOU. This was absolutely driving me crazy.
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2004

Replies: 3