Smart Plug (HS-107) and Smart Ligth Connection Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-01 02:09:00 - last edited 2020-10-01 02:11:18
Model: HS107  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am beyond frustrated with Kasa at this point.  I have 2 HS107 plugs and 2 KL110 bulbs.  Until recently I really liked these products. Now the smart plugs won't stay connected to the wifi and I can't get the bulbs to connect at all. They have worked perfectly for a year.  The plugs connect and then disconnect to the wifi every 20-40 seconds.  I have monitored the router and can watch the plug connect and disconnect while all my other devices do not.  I can't cannot the light bulbs at all. So far I have:

-Reset the router and modem

-Uninstalled and reinstalled the app

-Factory reset the devices and attempted to connect them (sometimes the app will say the wifi password is wrong when I confirmed it and sometimes they just won't connect)

Is there anything else I can do?  Could it be a wifi issue?  I have added 2 new devices to my network (Nest doorbell and Levono smart clock but they are working fine as is everythign else on my wifi).  I welcome any ideas before I start looking for a new brand AARGH!  Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart Plug (HS-107) and Smart Ligth Connection Issues
2020-10-01 16:01:54

@Wicked_P 

Your router may be becoming overloaded so it is dropping the devices, especially if you have had the router for a number of years. 

You could try enabling the guest network on your router and connecting the TP-Link devices to that to see if the drops still happen. If so, then I would reach out to our support team.

Options
Re:Smart Plug (HS-107) and Smart Ligth Connection Issues
2020-10-01 18:50:40

@Tony Thanks Tony.  I will take another look at my router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 2

Related Articles