KL50 brightness fluctuates and won't turn all the way off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-23 01:47:04

I bought two KL50 bulbs on Amazon and installed one in a floor lamp and one in a table lamp. Both are plugged into wall outlets, no dimmer switches, no 3-way switches. I leave the switch on in the lamps and use the Kasa app and Google Home to control them.

One of them is fine. The other, when I use Kasa to turn it off, doesn't turn off all the way. It goes to about 10%, still very much visibly on. Also, this one will fluctuate in brightness randomly. Not like flickering, but every few minutes it gets slightly brighter or slightly dimmer.

I have searched all over and haven't found examples of this set of symptoms before so I would appreciate any advice. I suspect the unit is simply defective and I just need to exchange it but want to check in here.

Thanks!

-David

Options
2 Reply
Re:KL50 brightness fluctuates and won't turn all the way off
2020-10-23 17:43:50

@omgoleus 

Take the bulb to other light sockets/lamps as well to see if the problem follows the bulb. 

Especially if both models are the same, and don't work the same could mean the one bulb has probably malfunctioned.

Options
Re:KL50 brightness fluctuates and won't turn all the way off
2020-11-03 07:25:15

@Tony Yep, problem follows the bulb. I guess I have to do a return! Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 2