Can't get timer or schedule to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 00:57:42
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: P4?

Received model HS103P4 today from Amazon. Support can't find this model. I cannot get Schedule or Timer to work at all using the instructions at https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/947/

I'm at a loss what to try next. Any ideas before I just return these?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't get timer or schedule to work
2020-11-03 22:39:38

@olc 

What have you tried?

What are you experiencing compared to what you see in the FAQ?

Do you happen to have screenshots showing the issue?

Options
2020-11-03 23:11:00

@olc 

I have tried all the suggestions on the TP-Link support site: Check time setting, firmware, delete and reconnect device, uninstall/reinstall Kasa app, etc. The device is connected to a simple fan, and I can turn the fan on/off from the app but nothing else seems to work. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Options
2020-11-06 19:14:49

@olc 

Do a factory reset on the switch by holding the side button for 15 seconds, install it again and test that.

Another thing to try is to use a different smartphone if it is available, log in with the same TP-Link ID account. 

Other things to check are to make sure the phone is not running anything like a VPN.

Options
2020-11-06 23:35:48

Tony wrote

@olc 

Do a factory reset on the switch by holding the side button for 15 seconds, install it again and test that.

Another thing to try is to use a different smartphone if it is available, log in with the same TP-Link ID account. 

Other things to check are to make sure the phone is not running anything like a VPN.

@Tony 

Have tried all that, plus check for firmware updates, uninstall/reinstall Kasa app, try a different smart plug from same box, I tried adding another device (another fan). Power on/off, Timer work correctly.  Away seems to be OK but setting it up for a 2-minute period turned my fan on and off 3 times. Schedule doesn't work at all. What I need to be sure there's a problem is the exact sequence of steps to set up the schedule.

Here's what I do: tap + to set new schedule. Then tap Turn On Power, then choose  a time. Then do same for Turn Off Power. Ignore REPEAT and doing anything with the days at the bottom (which do what?).  Then tap Save. Next is nothing ever happens with the device, no turning on or off. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the assistance.

Options
2020-11-10 19:00:29

@olc 

The days at the bottom when creating a schedule dictate when you want to schedule to run so all should be highlighted or filled in. If you tap on the day you will see it become empty which disabled the schedule for that day.

Look at the device settings of the plug by tapping on the device, then the gear icon on the top right, the time setting may be incorrect. If so, go to the top left menu on the Kasa app, then settings, and sync the time again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 5