HS103 V2 - Lamp Intermittently Going On/Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 01:17:07
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

We bought the 2 pack from Amazon in June.  We plugged a very basic lamp into the plug and got it connected just fine, but for some odd reason, the lamp goes on and off randomly.  We don't have any routines or schedules set up for it and we are not sure why it is doing it.  We have other smart plugs (HS100) and switches on our network, but none of them are doing this.  I've checked for updated firmware for both the plug and our router and we use everything with a Google Home system (not Alexa).  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

Options
6 Reply
Re:HS103 V2 - Lamp Intermittently Going On/Off
2020-11-09 23:02:28

@SmartHomeGuy3 

The plug may be restarting causing the lamp to turn on then booted up then turn off once connected back to the network.

Have you tried plugging the HS103 into a different outlet? Does the issue seem to follow the plug?

Options
2020-11-14 12:20:03

@Tony @SmartHomeGuy3 

Good Day. I am having the same issue with a 4 pack (HS103P4) purchased October 9, 2020 from Amazon. I too am using the Google Home system. 

Hardware Version 2.1

Firmware Version 1.1.2

Kasa App version 2.27.0 Build 957 

No updates available on Firmware or App at this time. 

All 4 plugs exhibit the same behavior. I have two plugs setup on lamps (one with a schedule). The lamp with the schedule is set to turn on at sunset and off around 10pm. The second pair are on small, one room humidifiers. All plugs (only when turned on) will click off then right back on intermittently. The behavior is also intermittent. Some evenings the lamps will not blink at all. All the plugs have been moved to different rooms as well. They are setup in 4 different rooms at the moment.

When the lamps blink, one goes off then on, then the other goes off then on in succession. The bulbs are currently compact florescent in both lamps. 

This behavior on the plugs started about a day after setup. 

Thank you for your time Tony and assistance. 

Mark

Options
2020-11-16 22:59:30

There are a couple of things to test first.

One is to make sure the plugs are not running in away mode or have any schedules configured from another app like Alexa or IFTTT.

Another is to reset one of the plugs and connect them to the guest network of the router to see if the plug behaves the same.

Options
2020-11-21 13:05:25

@Tony 

For my setup, none of the plugs are set to away. No other apps installed to control the plugs. 

My home network does not have a guest connection available. I will check my router to see if the option is available to be enabled. 

Options
2020-11-21 15:43:03

@Tony

I have a Verizon router (with wireless) AND a Linksys Wireless Access Point in use. I have turned off the wireless on the Verizon Router (located in the basement). Then I moved the WAP from second floor to first floor. Coverage seems to be excellent throughout the house. I wanted to see if the two transmitters were causing intereference with each other. If the problem persists, I will look into upgrading my router and wireless access point. Both are older units (at least 5-6 years old). 

I will report back in a day or two.

Thank you Tony for the quick response!

Mark 

Options
2020-11-26 09:21:28

@SmartHomeGuy3 @Tony 

Well, I think my issue has been resolved. It appears my wireless network setup was causing the problem. It's been at least three evenings with no light blinking or flashing!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 707

Replies: 6

Related Articles