Kasa Smart Plug Mini with regular surge protector?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-13 18:12:50

Is it possible to plug the Kasa Smart Home Mini Plug into a regular surge protector? I plugged the smart plug into my surge protector and plugged a small lamp into the smart plug. I hear the plug click on and off when I try to tell the app or my Alexa to turn the lamp on, but the lamp does not come on. Does this have something to do with the fact that I've plugged the smart plug into a surge protector? Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Plug Mini with regular surge protector?
2020-11-13 21:35:00

@Labtaxi2 

The plugs should work fine, I have an HS105 plugged into a surge protector and used that to turn on various devices like a nightstand lamp.

I would take the plug to a regular outlet, use the same lamp if possible to see if the plug works or another appliance or device to power on. If the issue seems to follow the plug, there may be something wrong with it. Even if the plug is not set up via the Wi-Fi, the physical button will still turn on or off what is connected to it.

Options
Re:Kasa Smart Plug Mini with regular surge protector?
2020-11-14 09:08:55

@Tony Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1564

Replies: 2