Kasa Smart indoor cams don’t show in app activity feed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 23:43:20
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Great cameras my outdoor cameras pick up activity and it appears in the main feed on the app. The indoor cams on the other hand notify me of activity but then nothing appears in the main activity feed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart indoor cams don’t show in app activity feed?
2020-11-17 17:52:33 - last edited 2020-11-17 17:53:15

@Chris_P. 

Check the motion recording settings on the camera. The sensitivity or time to record motion may have been modified. If there is a red dot while on live view press that to test the manual record to see if that works.

Also, what is the model of the indoor camera?

Options
2020-11-17 19:45:01

@Tony I'll try that thanks. They are the KC105s 

Options
2020-11-18 18:44:41

@Chris_P. 

The KC105 does not have the 2 year free cloud recording, you will need to subscribe to it.

In order to record video without subscribing to the cloud plan, you can install a SD card in the camera to record video on that.

Options
2020-12-05 01:51:59

@Tony 

I have two EC60 w/ SD cards and have same issue.  Just to clarify, video clip will appear in main 'Activity' section only if there is a cloud subscription?  I do not have cloud subscription.  However, I do see a video clip in main 'Activity' section after resetting the camera.  After that, no more clips in main 'Activity' section with motion detection.  I do see video clip in Cameras > 24/7 Recording when motion is detected.  Please let me know if this is the correct behavior.  Thank you.   

Options
2020-12-07 22:36:15

@JerryL168 

Correct, the activity tab is for the cloud recording.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1288

Replies: 5

Related Articles