Activation failures

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Activation failures

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Activation failures
Activation failures
2020-11-19 03:08:25
Model: RE380D  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have had my device just over a week now and am having all sorts of trouble getting it to function.  I called for help and the technician talked me through getting on line using 192.168.0.254.  It worked briefly but then the Comcast modem crashed and had to be reset. Ever since my booster doesn't boost; in fact it drains.

So I have been trying to get back to 192.168.0.254 to reconfigure the system like it was before (or even better since the 5 GHz didn't activate) and my computer won't link up again.  Help.  What can I do?  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Activation failures
2020-11-19 21:25:12

@Ranes 

Do a factory reset by holding the reset button for 15 seconds. The RE580D should then boot up and broadcast the 2.4G and 5G, if you only see the 5G then the device is bad, I'd reach out to support at that point.

When the range extender is factory defaulted, it will then have the IP of 192.168.0.254. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 1

Related Articles