HS105 Plug has wrong HS103 firmware!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-19 03:09:09
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

OK, so I purchased a 3-pack of HS105 Kasa smart plugs off Amazon. They all look identical. Two of them work perfectly, and I have updated their firmware to the latest versions (1.5.6).  However, the third plug, from the moment I took it out of the box, has had the issue of the Remote Control being set to off (Local Only is displayed), thereby not working with Alexa. When I try to turn it on, it tells me "Your Device Has No Internet", and I hit RETRY anyway, and the plug clicks and flashes colors like it's trying to do something, but nothing comes of it. 

I've noticed that under Device Info, the Model number shows "HS103", which is incorrect as this is an HS105 model plug, as is printed on the label attached to the plug itself. The firmware also shows "1.5.7" instead of 1.5.6 like the other two plugs out of the same box. 

So my suspicion here is that this plug has the wrong firmware in it for a different model of plug, and this is causing my issues.  

What to do? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS105 Plug has wrong HS103 firmware!
2020-11-19 21:46:39

@WW_Dagger 

I would reach out to our support team as someone may have forced the incorrect firmware into the plug.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 1