Behavior after Power Failure - Smart Plugs (Multiple Models)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-20 16:06:44

This is a recurrent/frequent topic.

I have many of my electronics/devices at home on Smart Plugs. Some with energy monitoring, others not. After a power outage (sever storm), some of the plugs revert to whatever position (on/off) they were in before, some do not.

Is there any way to FORCE the specific smart plugs to revert to the exact same status they were in before the power outage?

For example: I have a KP115 on my freezer, to monitor energy usage. After a power outage (momentary), how do I ensure that plug comes back 'on' (not off) ? ... do not want to lose the contents of the freezer.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Behavior after Power Failure - Smart Plugs (Multiple Models)
2020-11-20 22:20:09

@DrJB 

The last state of the plug is what it should start up as. So if the plug is on, and there is a power outage, it will return to the on state, and vice versa. I've seen that for the HS105, but if the KP115 acts differently I would recommend reaching out to support. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1259

Replies: 1

Related Articles