HS200 Wiring

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS200 Wiring

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS200 Wiring
HS200 Wiring
2020-11-21 17:06:25
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Okay I am confused. I wired multiple to link switches in my house the 2 way and 3 way ones. This switch has me confused. I am trying to install hs200 in the bedroom. The bedroom is a light/ceiling fan. Current set up is a 2 way switch. One black one white one ground. Inside the box is a bundle of black and a bundle of white. I took black to black. Then black to bundle of black. Then white to white. I also tried taking both white and putting it in the bundles of white. 

Both times the switch turns on but the light or fan won't come on?!?! Why??

Recap - Old switch - 1 Black 1 White 1 ground bundle of black in the box. Bundle on white in the box. 

Took black to 1 black. Then black to bundle black. Then white to 1 white (and tried bundling). Ground to ground. Switch turns on Wi-Fi signal flashes and everything BUT light/fan don't work. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 Wiring
2020-11-24 21:27:20

@ZJames76 

Someone who is a trained professional may have a potential workaround? However, the HS200 is designed for a single-pole switch so say an outlet that controls a single light. We have dimmer switches and three-way switches, but not one for fan/lights.

Options
Re:HS200 Wiring
2020-12-06 02:43:00
Single-pole for one switch to one light(s). If more than one light it is connected in series. Black, white and a ground wire (green) is the normal wires coming from the wall. HS200 is for multiple switches to light(s). As a side note, I found out even if you do have the right connections, the device may not be compatible. Support says it is how the wires are hooked up to your switch. I guess this technology needs more growing. At this point, I'm going to return my switches and wait a few more years.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 775

Replies: 2

Related Articles