KC200 stopped sending notifications/recording due to activities

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 18:46:57
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear Community

I have 5 x KC200 in use around my house in Switzerland and all of them are set for sending notifications due to motion since the beginning.

I installed them a couple of months ago and was really satisfied after trying other brands/models of cloud cameras in the past.

Since this afternoon all cameras stopped sending notifications and don't record any motion anymore.I didn't changed anything in the settings.

So all cameras are working and the live picture is available. But all of them stopped recording/sending notifications at the same time today.

I tried to re-setup them and changed all of the cameras to not sending notifications. Afterwards I changed it back to the original set up as I had before.

I unplugged the cameras as well as I unplugged the WIFI so all devices are connecting again.

But still just the live picture is available but no recording due to activity or sending it to the cloud neither sending notifications to me.

Did anybody face the same issue in the past?

I invested over 500$ for these cameras and I'm quite frustrated as I have no idea why they are not working properly anymore.

Thanks for any help or support out of the community.

Options
18 Reply
Re:KC200 stopped sending notifications/recording due to activities
2020-11-25 18:52:05
@Jigger I am having the same issue here in California USA. It stopped recording right around 7AM here for me. No resolution yet. 
Options
2020-11-25 19:25:39

@Jigger Exact same issue in Central time zone of US. Seems like this could be widespread?

Options
2020-11-25 19:35:07

@Jigger Same thing. Have 2 KC200's and they both stopped recording and notifying me this morning. I can view activity "live" but they won't record. I'm thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling the Kasa app but I'm going to give it some more time 1st. 

Options
2020-11-25 19:36:47

@Sorjoe Seems like this is a problem for a lot of people. I wouldn't mind the wait to fix but we were recording what looked like a drug deal right outside our house and now that doesn't exist lol

Options
2020-11-25 20:29:41
I’m having same issue here in Los Angeles. Did factory reset and manual recording not being saved. It’s a software issue on TPLink’s end.
Options
2020-11-25 20:29:48
I’m having same issue here in Los Angeles. Did factory reset and manual recording not being saved. It’s a software issue on TPLink’s end.
Options
2020-11-25 20:54:55

@Jigger Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. No change. Still broke.

Options
2020-11-25 21:26:29
Just finished talking with customer support. This is a worldwide issue that happened this morning. App developers are aware of the issue and are currently working on it. We should have an updated version of the app soon to fix the bug (they are unaware of how long this fix will take), so be sure to check your app store frequently to see if the Kasa app requires an update. I’m getting updated e-mails on this issue, so I will keep this forum posted on any news.
Options
2020-11-25 21:35:59
Update: it seems that clips that were affected by this bug are slowly started to be reimplemented into the app’s activity log.
Options
2020-11-25 22:00:56

@Jigger Thanks Redhawk. Nice work.!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2535

Replies: 18