HS100 Leaking power

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS100 Leaking power

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS100 Leaking power
HS100 Leaking power
2020-11-28 14:12:09
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.56

I am using the HS100 to control some LED bulbs in my yard. However, when the HS100 is off, enough energy is leaking through the relay contacts to illuminate the first LED bulb in the series anyway (albeit at a reduced brightness). I replaced it with a different HS100, and the problem persists. I know the reason: LED bulbs require so little energy to illuminate that even a small amount of current leakage is enough to brighten them somewhat. I had thought that the design of the HS100 relay would have taken that into account.

My question: how do I prevent this? Should I try putting a higher-wattage LED bulb in that position? With an increased current draw, maybe the leaking amount won't be enough to brighten it?

Please help, because my neighbor thinks I am wasting energy with the yard light on all day, and in fact, I guess I am (although not much, but try explaining that to him).

Smart plug engineers: please note.

And, thanks for any forthcoming input from anyone...!

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS100 Leaking power
2020-12-03 22:06:15

@enhompe 

Due to internal design, this has been seen on non-US plugs.

You could try flipping the plug 180 degrees to see if that may resolve it.

Options
Re:HS100 Leaking power
2020-12-27 16:19:07

@Tony Yes, in fact, I am in Europe on 220V. Your suggestion did fix this issue for me. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 786

Replies: 2

Related Articles