Camera not recording everyone walking up driveway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-06 13:05:00
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I have a KC200 outdoor camera which has started to have an intermittent fault.

It is no longer recording the movement of everyone walking up the driveway. I thin that its been happening for at least a month  as we 've had a couple of visitors that came after the hours of darkness that we not recorded. I put that down to my sensitivity settings and adjusted them accordingly

This morning however in total daylight it did not record a delivery driver walking up the drive and leave a package on the door step.

The camera recorded my wife my wife leaving the house before the delivery was made  and them coming back to the house after the delivery was made.

You can only walk up the drive between 2 cars so there is no way the delivery driver could have taken a different route

Ive checked the settings and sensitivities and they all seem to be correct.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm a little concerned as i've just purchased 2 more cameras to cover other parts od the house and am now concerned about their reliability.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Camera not recording everyone walking up driveway
2020-12-08 17:50:33

@steve888 

Go to "Privacy and Sensitivity", under privacy you should have "Record Video and Audio" selected. Make sure your sensitivity is set to any region to the right half of the bar. The further right you set it, the camera will become increasingly sensitive to record any motion.

Scroll down and look for the slide bar labeled "Record motion that lasts at least" set that all the way to the left. This will ensure that any motion at all will be recorded. If you set that to 3 seconds, then the object will need to be moving around longer than 3 seconds before motion is then recorded.

Select the top left arrow to go back, and now tap on "Activity Zones". You do not need to create zones, not having one means the entire screen will record motion, which is fine. If you created an activity zone, then motion will only be detected in that created zone.

Options
2020-12-08 19:13:48

@Tony  Thanks but i aready read that information on the TP link page.

I dont think any of that is the issue.

The camera records one person waliking up the drive but not others despite walking the same route and being of similar size.

I've done a factory reset and hope that will help.

Options
2020-12-13 17:37:49

@steve888 

I have had the same problem with my KC120 KasaCam since I bought it in Sept 2019. I have mine placed inside my front living room window overlooking the front of my house. Sometimes it records the mailman walking up my driveway and up my front porch to put the mail in the mailbox and sometimes it doesn't record it.

Also, if we get a package delivery, it will show the truck pulling up in front of the house and leaving, but never show the delivery person getting out of the truck and leaving the package on the front porch.

I have the sensitivity set all the way to the right.

I am very disappointed that this KC120 camera doesn't record everything.

Options
2020-12-13 19:06:54

@StevenA 

Have you reported it to TP-Link as being faulty?

Did you do a factory reset as so far that seems to have fixed it for me?

If it starts happening again after my recent reset I'll start looking for a replacement from them under warranty.

I hope that it keeps on working though as I've just fitted 2 more cameras

Options
2020-12-13 21:14:19

@StevenA 

So ive just had the same issue as you.

Car pulls up across the road and the camera records its movement (even though its not moving in any of my selected zones). I can only assume the cars headlight activated the detection.

The next thing the door bell rings and the neither of the cameras detected or recorded the person walking up the driveway, but they both record the person leaving the house 10 minutes later.

I then go out and come back and the cameras works fine. What the HELL?

If this carries on them, they're going to be reported to TP as faulty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 793

Replies: 5