Cannot add previously set up devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 03:54:57
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have three plugs that are set up on the wifi and can be controlled from a different device. When I got a new phone I can no longer find the devices on the same account as the old phone. How do I add an existing device to my Kasa and Google home accounts.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot add previously set up devices
2020-12-09 19:29:53

@Fuzzy_Bear 

The devices are bound to whichever email account they were originally set up with. When open Kasa on your new phone, make sure to log into the same email account used to set up the devices, and all devices bound to that account will automatically appear.

If you are using the same email, check the phone app settings, in that the location permission is not disabled. 

If the plugs still do not appear, factory default one of them by holding the power button for 15 seconds, then see if you are able to add it back to the account. If that works, do the same process for all of them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 1