Please make a DIMMABLE version of your smart plugs like the HS103 - for lamps!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 20:03:15
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am a former heavy X10 user - my prior house was entirely X10.   My new home is almost entirely WiFi devices, mainly Kasa switches and plugs.  One of the things I miss the most from X10 though, is their Lamp Modules!  These were simple inline modules, much like the Kasa HS103 - that not only could turn a connected lamp off/on - it also could dim the lamp!  The later modules even had soft start features where it would "ramp" a light to full brightness when you turn it on (as to extend bulb life) and also turn on to the last brightness it was set at.

These features are a lot like the ones found in your smart dimmer switch.  So clearly TP-Link knows how to implement such a dimmer.  But many of my outlets aren't controlled by a switch, and I simply just want to put a table or pole lamp, on a module, for remote control.  I am really missing the ability to dim my lights like this though!  

TP-Link: PLEASE make a Kasa smart plug that can be dimmed!  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Please make a DIMMABLE version of your smart plugs like the HS103 - for lamps!
2020-12-16 19:29:10

@Protonus 

Thank you for the product suggestion. I will make sure to forward this for consideraiton.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 1