HS105 no longer runs close schedule or connects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 23:34:27
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

The Plug no longers shuts off the light per the set time schedule.  I tried deleting the schedule and re-creating it and it did not work.  kasa seems to ignore the schedule.  the strange part is it turns on the light per the schedule without any issues. It just cannot shut the ligh off per the schedule.  Use to work without any problems and stopped working properly after the last update of Kasa..

I then tried to reset the smart plug as to re-create everythig associated with it. 

When I tried to reset one of the 3 plugs it says it can find the smart plug  ( I see it and choose Connect) but the Android Kasa app crashes and I need to restart the phone.  The error given by Kasa is: "Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose device"  This is after I have chosen the device to add.  Once the message appears I can no longer navigate or close the Kasa App. The only way out of the Kasa app is to restart the Phone.

I am running the Latest Kasa app ( Oct 30, 2020) and running Android Version 10

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS105 no longer runs close schedule or connects
2020-12-17 18:37:41

@cjb 

As you are going through the setup, and get hit with the error message of "Something went wrong..." go back to the phone's available Wi-Fi list, and connect back to the smart device, then you will be able to continue the setup.

If the app causes your phone to longer respond, please try the suggested process on another smart device.

Options