HS103 Will not connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-03 02:18:55
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

The app is not functioning.  When I select the proper device and go through the steps as shown.  It goes to a screen to either quit the process or try again.  The app does not seem to find the socket.  I have my iPhone set to the 2.4 setting and then click on the TP_LINK setting for the network and go back to the app nothing happens it states the TP_LINK not connected to the internet and I have to put my iPhone back to either the 2.4 or 5 to getthe iPhone connected to the internet.  Yes I have restarted my modem and router several times with nothing happening>  I have followed the directions and have watched several videos from you tube and get the same result over and over again.  In the past it has worked without a hitch something has changed and it just does not want to work as shown

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS103 Will not connect to internet
2021-01-05 22:19:31

@Marty.L11371942 

You could try changing your router security to WPA personal, then try to install the plug again. Once installed, you can put it back to what it was.

Other things to look/try:

-Make sure your phone is not on a VPN

-Go into the app permissions on your phone and make sure the local network is enabled and location: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2937/

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 534

Replies: 1

Related Articles