Kasa HS105 will not connect to Google Nest WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-06 17:36:55
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I just bought a Kasa Smart Wifi plug and was going through the setup and tried to connect to my Google Nest Wifi (which is my main wifi point) and it would not connect. When I went to choose my wifi, it would show two different google nest wifi (both had identical names). I tried choosing both of them multiple times without success. I tried to research about Google Nest Wifi and I did find where the Kasa smart plug would not connect to 5GHz. I also read on the Google Nest Wifi that it would automatically choose the best band for the device. Ultimately I got the plug to connect to my AT&T modem/Wifi and got it setup but I have that wifi point downstairs which is pretty far away from the smart plug. My google nest wifi point it up stairs and seems to be working perfectly fine. Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get the smart plug to connect to my Google Nest Wifi?  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa HS105 will not connect to Google Nest WiFi
2021-01-07 18:47:08 - last edited 2021-01-07 18:47:37

@wesp9526 

If you are able to disable the 5G temporarily you can try then setting the plug up with the 2.4G, then enable the 5G after to see if the plugs stay connected. Another thing to possibly try is to enable the guest network and have it be only 2.4G if your mesh network allows that.

To reset the plug, you would hold the side button for 10 seconds so you can look to set it up again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 1