After power outage switch reverts to on. I want it to return to scheduled run time after

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

After power outage switch reverts to on. I want it to return to scheduled run time after

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-17 12:55:27
Model: KP400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I need these to return to normal schedule after outage. But they revert to on. I am using these to control pepper plants inside and i can't have the lights turning on during their sleep cycle 

Options
1 Reply
Re:After power outage switch reverts to on. I want it to return to scheduled run time after
2021-01-18 19:01:44

@QuantumG 

I was able to get this working by using SmartThings.

Set up SmartThings with our Kasa app shown here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2556/

You then need to "SmartApps" which has the program to have the plug turn off whenever it is on during a specific time. While having SmartThings opened tap on the top left menu, then select "SmartApps". Hit the "+" symbol, go down to "Smart Lighting", choose "New Lighting Automation", from there choose the plug. I then made the following settings (image to right is a continuation of the left image):

In the section of "Only during certain times" you can specify either sunrise/sunset or specific times. In the option section for "Only on certain days..." you can set which days you want the automation to kick in.

It takes some fiddling, but should work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 719

Replies: 1