Timestamp in KC200 camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-17 21:09:56 - last edited 2021-01-17 22:21:25
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.1

It's amazing that TP Link has not implement a timestamp overlay on the KC200 camera. Surely this could be pushed via a firmware upgrade?

I can buy a £20 generic camera and have this feature as standard but a TP Link KC200, which retails at £99, fails to fulfill this basic requirement. 

Instead of saying you will pass this on to your team,  please tell us why this feature is missing and when you plan on rectifying this situation. 

If any footage from this camera was ever to be used in a court case it would be difficult to submit the video without embedded date and time information. 

Many thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Timestamp in KC200 camera
2021-01-18 19:09:15

@DavidBartlett 

All feedback is given to the development team, good or bad. The feedback is taken into consideration and implemented either when they are able to should resources allow or from a strong demand.

I will not say this will be forwarded as it has already has. So far there is nothing indicating that it will be implemented, but that it has been brought to their attention.

Options
Re:Timestamp in KC200 camera
2021-01-18 19:23:44

@Tony 

Thank you for your reply. I understand its was passed to your developers several years ago.

I think what would calm people's frustration is to know why it isn't being implemented; it being such a basic feature. Is it a hardware limitation?

At present I'm using Linux ffmpeg to embed the correct timestamp into the downloaded video clip.

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 2