App Crashes Constantly Touching Schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-18 04:11:46 - last edited 2021-01-20 00:53:11

I am at my wits end with the Kasa android app. Everytime I try to adjust the schedule of any of my devices, the app crashes. And it happens over and over and over again.

Sometimes after five or six crashes it will finally let me adjust schedules, but tonight it just will not stop crashing. I've sent I don't know how many app crash reports, and it just keep s doing it. And then after a while if I just desperately click on other functions (presets, timers, info, etc), sometimes I can finally get it to let me into the schedules, but sometimes it just keeps crashing. 

Is anyone having similar happen? Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

Options
4 Reply
Re:App Crashes Constantly Touching Schedule
2021-01-18 19:38:11

@JimSticknjr 

What is your phone model, version of the phone, and the version of the Kasa app?

Do you have any programs such as a VPN service or antivirus of sort running?

If you happen to have another smartphone available sign into Kasa with that and see how that performs.

Options
2021-01-19 00:44:21

@Tony This is a Samsung Galaxy S5, Android version 6.0.1, Kasa version 2.28.1 Build 970.

I have a Galaxy S8 I can try using. Is it ok to have the app on two different phones with the same credentials?

Options
2021-01-19 23:44:38

@JimSticknjr 

Yes, that is perfectly fine. What will happen is when you sign into the app on the second phone the devices will pop up automatically, you do not need to set them up again.

I have an S8 as well which it runs fine on so I'm curious how it would work for you.

Options
2021-01-20 00:52:23

@Tony It works perfectly.It must be the older Android version that's causing the problem.

Well that's disappointing, but I suppose given the phone is six years old I can't expect apps to stay compatible. Frustrating, but inevitable.

Thank you for your suggestion Tony.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 4