KL430 TURNS ON IN A GROUP, BUT DOES NOT TURN ON WITHIN A SCENE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-19 16:09:50 - last edited 2021-01-19 21:56:55
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

I just bought a brand new KL430 Kasa Smart Light Strip that I installed behind our TV. It works beautifully like advertised all except for one thing. When I try to program it within a scene, all Kasa products turn on in the scene except for the KL430 Smart Light Strip. I've tried programming it in different various scenarios in different scenes, but still does not turn on within a scene. When I program to turn on within a group, it works like a charm. I made sure it has the latest firmware update. I reconnected it to the power source to ensure that it had a good connection. I re-paired it to my WIFI to see if it would change anything and still getting the same outcome.

Is anyone else having this problem where their KL430 cannot program to turn on within a scene?

Options
4 Reply
Re:KL430 TURNS ON IN A GROUP, BUT DOES NOT TURN ON WITHIN A SCENE
2021-01-19 22:19:20

@KINGZCASTLE777 

Have you tried reinstalling the app and testing the scenes on another smartphone (log into Kasa with the same account)?

Did you try creating a custom scene rather than the other three options?

Options
2021-01-20 04:42:25

@Tony 

Yessir. I have both an iPhone 8 (my work phone) and a Galaxy S10 (personal). I decided to start everything over from scratch. I removed the KL430 device from my account and logged out of my account from both phones. I uninstalled both apps and restarted both phones. I re-seated the barrel connector from the power device and re-seated the contact point where the light strip connects to the power cord. I re-installed the Kasa app on both phones and signed in. I readded the KL430 back into my account. I was able to program into a group and turned on with all the other devices perfectly. I added the KL430 into two CUSTOM scenes and WOULD NOT turn on with the other devices.

Do you have any other suggestions I might be missing?

Options
2021-01-21 23:28:41

@KINGZCASTLE777 

For a basic function to not seem to work is odd. I'll see what I can find.

Options
2021-01-22 15:54:01 - last edited 2021-02-26 18:08:00

@KINGZCASTLE777 

To provide an update our testing team mentioned they were able to replicate the issue due to your assistance. 

We are hoping to have a firmware release next month to address it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 745

Replies: 4