Hs103 v2 cannot find wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-23 01:58:54
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I've seen older posts with the same problem, but not sure how using airplane mode helps when the problem is that the HS103 can't find my wifi network.

Up until last week, the plug seemed to be working fine.  I had to get a new modem/router as the old one kept dropping.  I do have an iPhone, and some of the other discussion threads claimed that might have something to do with it (iOS version?)  

I've factory reset the plugs hoping that might work.  NO.

I get through all of the steps, but the plugs can't even find my wifi and I'm in the same room with the router.  Frustrating.

I don't know which version of firmware I have, but before I reset the plugs I checked on the app for updates and it indicated none.  HELP!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Hs103 v2 cannot find wifi
2021-01-26 16:25:09

@Diane6185 

You could try modifying your wireless security to see if that works. So if the 2.4G on your router is using WPA2, switch to WPA and vice versa. Set up the plug, then move it back to what it was.

As far as the iOS phone, go into the app permissions so permissions you have set for all apps, look for Kasa, and make sure the local network is enabled, and location. 

Another thing you can try is to use a different smartphone, download the Kasa app, and sign in with the same account. If you are able to set it up on a different device your original device will have the devices automatically pop up.

Options
2021-01-26 17:44:38
Thanks. I did try changing the wireless security at the time and checked the app permissions. I waited a day, tried again and it worked. Weird; have no idea what the original problem was. Thanks for responding, I forgot to comeback to the forum and take my question down. I thought I was doomed as there were so many similar posts.
Options
2021-01-27 19:03:27

@Diane6185 

Thank you for posting a update/solution, it may help someone else too who is having a similar issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 581

Replies: 3

Related Articles