HS 103 plug bought is USA cannot be added in the KASA app in Saudia Arabia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-24 17:39:59
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I bought two KASA HS 103 P2(US) model plugs and brought them to Saudia Arabia where I work. When I try to add the device in KASA app it does not give me an option to add this modle. It does have other K and H series plugs options but not specifically HS 103. App rejects the device if I try to configure it using any other option availble in the app. This is happening probably because app has Saudia Arabia set as location of residence and is not showing me HS 103 thinking Saudi Arabia would not have 110 voltage plus being used by anyone since thay what HS 103 are made for. Is there anyway I can trick my KASA app to change the location of residence to US to it give me option to add HS103 model? How else can I use this HS 103 plug added in the app which was downloaded in Saudia Arabia and automatically population Saudia Arabia as location of residence. This field I not editable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
5 Reply
Re:HS 103 plug bought is USA cannot be added in the KASA app in Saudia Arabia
2021-01-26 16:45:12

@Mani_78 

If you go into the settings for the Kasa app, then "Location and Time", if you manually set a location in the US does that help you install them?

Since the plug has US firmware it will only see 2.4G wireless channels of 1 to 11, not any higher.

Options
2021-01-26 17:16:47

@Tony yes I have tried that option but that does not change the "location of residence" under "view account" which somehow is linked to the kind of app that gets downloaded in Saudi Arabia. I wish I had known about it. I could just download the app on my phone before come to Saudi

Options
2021-01-28 23:06:31

@Mani_78 

What you can also try is to create a new Kasa account, and select the US region which you should then be able to install it.

Please note, we do not recommend using smart devices in regions other than what they are meant for. Should anything happened it may affect the warranty for the device.

Options
2021-02-04 17:32:14

@Tony  the this trick of creating a new account allowed me to download the app with H103 modle listed but  now during configuration I am getting an error saying.

"Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose the device".

Options
2021-02-05 00:19:32

@Mani_78 

That looks like an error that is related to the phone itself.

A Kasa user did make a mention in the thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/gyymx7/something_came_up_the_application_has_cancelled/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 693

Replies: 5

Related Articles