Smart Bulbs not connecting with VPN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 20:05:16
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I just recently bought a couple smart color change bulbs. I can't seem to use them at all, beacuse I can't set them up. During setup, I am unable to "connect to the bulb connection" or any of my wifis. I have a VPN installed on my router. It gives me a 5ghz, 2.4ghz, and a 2.4ghz without security. The bulbs only support 2.4ghz, which it won't connect to, and the one without security it won't connect to either because "it needs password protection". Do these bulbs just not work with VPN connections? Why is nothing working? I tried resetting the bulb, restarted my phone, switched wifis, nothing works. Can someone please help me out in fixing this? I don't want to have wasted money and need to return these.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Bulbs not connecting with VPN?
2021-01-29 00:17:01

@Kholdstare 

Here is what should be tried:

-Your phone needs to have its VPN connection disabled so you only connect via WiFi not using any secure tunneling protocol. 

-You need to have a 2.4G wireless network that has a wireless password configured, the bulb will not connect to an open network (no password).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 1

Related Articles