New hs103 V 3.8 doesn't connect to router network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-27 00:30:45
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.8

I bought two hs103 on amazon but when i tried to set them up with my android phone using the kasa app im unable to connect them to my router network, the app can recognize them and it also shows the menu to choose the network name and password but when the time to connect comes the plug just keeps blinking blue and nothing happens and the smart plug comes back to the default orange blue blinking while the app shows an error, i've already tried several times with different phones, also im sure the wifi password is ok and im pretty sure its nothing with my router since my 2.4 gz network only has like 5-6 devices connected and im able to connect to it using a different device. I know it's been suggested to change the security setting from wpa2-psk to wpa personal, but i can't do that since my router settings are locked and can only be changed by my internet provider who's unwilling to make the change.

I know there's gotta be another way to get them to work or i'm gonna have to return them, i have all sorts of smart devices and lamps and never had a problem you guys should definitely fix this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:New hs103 V 3.8 doesn't connect to router network
2021-03-03 17:08:12

@jjurado2003 

Here is an article on what to check for when doing the setup: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/kb/detail/163

Regarding your password, verify it with your smartphone. Go into your smartphone settings, go to Wi-Fi, and rather than connecting to your Wi-Fi, forget the network, then connect back to it. The phone will prompt you for the wireless password. Enter the same wireless password that you gave the Kasa app. If you fail to connect then that would be the issue.

Regarding your router, it does not make sense for them to not be willing to change a setting as once the plug is set up you would switch it back. In that case, I am not sure what you can do there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1169

Replies: 1

Related Articles