Can't change from USA to UK time zone on a Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug slim KP115 V1 Firmware 1.0.7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't change from USA to UK time zone on a Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug slim KP115 V1 Firmware 1.0.7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-04 19:47:19
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

I have a Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug slim KP115 (UK).  The problem is, displayed under 'Device info' in the Kasa app, I can't get the time zone to change from 'America/Dawson' to 'Europe/London' and so, unable to schedule on/off switching using UK time. Other than that, the device works fine and I did and synced to Europe/London time zone (under 'settings' > 'location and time').
I have an older KP115 slim that set correctly to the Europe/London time zone so I guess it's a fixable issue.

Any knowledge on a solution please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't change from USA to UK time zone on a Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug slim KP115 V1 Firmware 1.0.7
2021-03-08 16:51:02

@mp10 

There was a previous user who bought a US plug and was in UK, wasn't able to change the region. What they needed to do was to create a new TP-Link ID and select the UK region.

When you created your TP-Link ID was the US region selected or the plug and your account region are both UK?

Options
Re:Can't change from USA to UK time zone on a Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug slim KP115 V1 Firmware 1.0.7
2021-03-08 17:28:36

@mp10 

Prior to installing the new KP115, I already had a KP115 that I successfully installed a few months prior and was successfully set to UK, seen in the KASA app.  I can't recall if I had to manually set it to UK or it set to UK by automatically.

Also, while installing the new KP115, I do recall now that the KASA app stated that the installation had not worked, when it actually successfully installed the KP115.

In the KASA app, on both occasions, my existing TP-Link ID account was logged in and already set to UK while installing the device.  I accessed it by touching the three horizontal lines icon top left of Android KASA app screen > 'View account' > 'My Account' > 'Location of residence' > 'UK'

Options
2021-03-10 22:26:54

@mp10 

The plug should take the time zone that is indicated in the app, which the app takes from the phone. Doing a factory reset on the plug should force it to grab the right region it is in during setup.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 999

Replies: 3