Network Intruder Prevention reports Trojan attack on HS300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-06 13:27:33
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.19

My IPS reported a Trojan from or reporting to 188.165.17.91.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?  I may do a factory reset on the device to clear its brain in case the Trojan landed on it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Network Intruder Prevention reports Trojan attack on HS300
2021-03-08 17:26:22

@AncientGeek 

I know our smart device will ping a public site to make sure there is an internet connection. Usually, it is a common popular site like google.com of sort. The IP tracked to a site that appears to be safe when testing on various security company URL checkers.

Options
2021-03-08 17:29:41

@Tony 

Thank you.  These alerts are always concerning, but I also know "false positives" occur more often than real issues, so I try to stay calm and carry on.  Though it did prompt me to finish my firewall rule setup between VLANs.

Options
2021-03-10 22:29:07

@AncientGeek 

The site you referenced is not one that I've seen pinged before say on our extenders, but if this starts becoming common I would reach out to our support team. They would continue to look into it for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 3