google home does not recognize the smart plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-07 05:31:55

I use the Kasa mini smart plugs for my lights. They have worked with my google home for over a year. Now all of a sudden they are not being recognized. I have reset them all and reset the google home and sometimes it will turn on a light by voice but says it is not link to turn it off. Sometimes the light that worked 10 minutes ago all of a sudden is not linked but later it will be. it's driving me crazy 

Options
1 Reply
Re:google home does not recognize the smart plugs
2021-03-08 18:00:37

@seekingshare 

Open the Kasa app, tap on the plug, then go to device info, and tap on the connected Wi-Fi network. Look at the signal strength to see what it reports. You generally want a strength of -40 to -60 dBm, anything higher may be causing momentary Wi-Fi drops.

If the issue tends to happen throughout the day, you can also put the plug in the same room of the router just to test that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 542

Replies: 1