Smart plug not reading energy correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-20 04:56:51
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

I have a KP115 SMART PLUG (NOT AN OPTION UNDER THE DROP DOWN, I don't have a KP100)

it has energy monitoring in it and i use it to record electric car charging usage.

Something is terribly wrong though. Last 30 days of energy usage is rated around 900kWh from PG&E for the entire house. But the smart plug is rating around 850 kWh in the same time period!!

That's literally impossible as we have electric kitchen appliances and gaming consoles, among other household power users. 

How do I fix this to get a correct reading?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart plug not reading energy correctly
2021-03-24 16:22:35

@fflip8 

Please download the linked firmware and upgrade your plug with the following firmware that aims to correct the power consumption. This requires the use of a Windows computer or Mac: link

After you download the file, extract it and navigate to your respective computer. There will be instructions on how to update it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 1