Schedule no longer reliable - will not turn on in the evening to 100%

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 00:28:39
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

My schedule has not changed in months and has always been fine. About two weeks ago I noticed the bulb stopped fading up all the way to 100% and would stop somewhere in the 10-25% range (inconsistently)

Album of screenshots

I have tried resetting the bulb multiple ways - by flipping the power off and on 5+ times, and by deleting it from the app to restore factory settings. I set up a new schedule which should be simple, but the problem persists. Even now at 8:25pm the bulb is at 14% even though my schedule is for a 15 minute fade up to 100% at 5:57pm.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Schedule no longer reliable - will not turn on in the evening to 100%
2021-03-25 18:08:36

@Cullen 

The fade-on will set the brightness to what the bulb was last at.

For example, if the bulb was already on and I set the brightness to 50% manually, my schedule will kick in to turn it off, then if I set my schedule to "Turn on", it will turn on the bulb to 50%, not 100%.

What needs to be done is rather than setting the fade to "Turn on", set it to a preset, and in that preset, make that 100%. 

If you set the preset to circadian then the brightness varies depending on the day as the brightness setting is dynamic.

Options
2021-03-25 18:13:25

Tony wrote

What needs to be done is rather than setting the fade to "Turn on", set it to a preset, and in that preset, make that 100%. 

@Tony 

That is what I'm doing, unless I am badly misunderstanding something. My evening scheduled event to turn the lamp on is using a 100% brightness preset. I show a screenshot of this in my album in the original.

Options
2021-03-28 00:14:14

It seems as though the evening turn on event (which is set to a preset of 100% brightness) is coming on as 'Auto' instead.  I use auto for my morning turn on, and 100% preset for my evening turn on.

This seems like an obvious bug that never manifested before. I'll try replacing my morning event with a 25% preset instead of auto.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 3

Related Articles