Reset plug and cleared, now can't connect to Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-03 01:26:59 - last edited 2021-04-03 01:53:50
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I had to reset my plug and it asked if I wanted to delete information that may be stored on the device so I chose yes. I then downloaded the app and connected to the plug and it works fine.

Next I opened Alexa app, deleted the plug and tried to re-add it but it just came back with No new devices found. I found I still had the TP-Link Kasa skill enabled so I disabled it and tried to connect again. This time it enabled the skill and I entered my credentials which was fine. Then I try to add the plug in the Alexa app but it continues to say no new devices found.

I a not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

EDIT:

I went back to the TP-Link app and it asked me if I wanted to connect the plug to Amazon, Google, etc so I chose yes and it showed right up in the Alexa App. All good.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Reset plug and cleared, now can't connect to Alexa
2021-10-21 15:32:42

@Mtnman1000 

I have 9 smart switches.  Changed home router name (due to Comcast glitch) which then required setting up ALL switches again.  Tried to connect with Alexa and was only successful with 4 of them.  Spent 45 minutes on phone with Amazon Alexa and had to re install ALL AGAIN and tried to discover the smart switches.  Still could never get 5 to be reconized.  Rep said to call TP Link and gave me the incorrect 626 number.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 1