Set different timezones for my smart H100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 07:36:55

Hello,

Is it possibile to set different timezones for different smart plugs ? I need to put one of my smartplug on a different timezone.. how can I achieve that without changing the timezone for all of them ?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Set different timezones for my smart H100
2021-04-20 17:04:00

@Rok7 

The devices will pull the date and time from the app settings menu so it does not look like that would be possible. If anything maybe configure the schedule to compensate for the time difference.

Options
Re:Set different timezones for my smart H100
2021-06-01 11:30:49

@Tony Configuring the schedule to compensate doesn't work for sunrise/sunset.  Otherwise you can offset the time by the difference in time zones as you suggest, unless you cross the date line ;-).

The only way I have found to do this is create separate accounts for each time zone.  That requires logging in and out of each account, inconvenient if you want to control things locally and remotely.  My solution is to have two phones, one logged in to each account, also a pain.

If I weren't already in the Kasa ecosystem, I would not buy their products; I would go with another choice.  Kasa customers have complained about this defect for years (search their forum), but they refuse to do anything about it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 754

Replies: 2