"Unable to Connect to Your Kasa Spot Wi-Fi"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 00:49:42
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: unknown says US/2.8 next to serial number of 220c611003359. unknown hardware version also

I have one of these cams working in my main home but am having trouble installing these in my summer home. I installed Kasa plugs successfully in this summer home last week. I purchased 2ea EC70's and both exhibit the same issue, resulting in the error screen titled "Unable to Connect to Your Kasa Spot Wi-Fi". I am an iPhone user. All goes fine including selecting the camera as the wi-fi connection for the phone... orange and green lights and all, but then when I go from the settings to return to the Kasa app and it is trying to connect I get the dreaded message of death. I notice that the orange/green lights continue through the whole process with no change. Not sure that is normal? I have pressed the reset for 20+ seconds to reboot, I have changed my router security from wpa to wpa2 to no effect and have removed all security to no effect, I have rebooted the camera multiple times. I saw this italicized suggestion below in one post which I don't understand since after "forgetting the network" for the camera and then reconnecting it never asks me for a password to reconnect to the camera's wifi, it just reconnects.:

"Boot the camera up, then once the LED starts going amber/green, hold the reset button for 20 seconds. This will do a full reset rather than just resetting the Wi-Fi settings.

Verify the wireless password you are putting into the Kasa app is the correct one, by forgetting the Wi-Fi network on your smartphone, then connecting back. When prompted to enter the wireless password, use the same one you used when setting up the Kasa app."

I am at a loss as to how to connect either of these 2 brand new cameras. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Greg

Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 1631

Replies: 0

Related Articles