Devices keep changing orders in Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-04 19:46:40

I'm noticing a peculiar issue in the Kasa app after switching my wifi to the Eero Mesh wifi.  The list of smart dimmers and switches in the Kasa app keep reorganizing themselves, with the device names shifting slightly against the left indent.  It's wierd and hard to describe.   All the devices are working fine and shows the on/off button, but they keep reorganizing and switching orders (they don't stay alphabeticalized).  

Is there a reason this is happening?  I'm not sure if I saw this behaviour when my devices were on the old wifi network (I was previously using the wifi on the R7000 router).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Devices keep changing orders in Kasa App
2021-05-12 21:27:06

@rvs007 

If you happen to have another smartphone you can see if the issue happens on that. If not, reinstall the Kasa app on the problem phone. If you are noticing names shifting, edit the device name to see if there may be any spaces before it.

Options