tp-link app location services

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-15 17:34:24 - last edited 2021-05-18 21:46:00
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up the app and allow location services yet where it sends me to on the settings against the tp link app does not allow me to turn location services on for this app. I have tried going directly through location services and the app does not appear in the list.

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp-link app location services
2021-05-18 21:45:25 - last edited 2021-05-18 21:46:00

@jake.wilson6 

1. Make sure you turned on the Location Service permission for Kasa in the settings of IOS. Select While Using the App in the Settings->Kasa

2. On Kasa APP:

A. For the interface shown on the left above, Click on the “exit” in the upper left corner. Then click the Settings button in the upper left corner of the main interface as below.

Then select Settings > Location and Time > Location > Enter location manually, click Save Location.

B. For the interface shown on the right above, click Sign out from Kasa. And the re-login. Then click the Settings button in the upper left corner of the main interface. Select Settings > Location and Time > Location > Enter location manually, click Save Location.

Now try and set up the device again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 1