Light Strip Not Responding to Google On/Off Commands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-18 00:54:20 - last edited 2021-05-26 16:50:23
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I'm having a strange issue with my Kasa Smart light strips.  I have 4 light strips set up and they were all working fine until I upgraded my WiFi mesh system from Google WiFi to Nest WiFi.  If I try to turn these lights on or off with my Google Assistant, I get no response.  But if I change the color or brightness, the lights will turn on to the color or brightness that I select, but the on and off function still refuse to work.  All 4 of these light strips work fine in the Kasa app and in the Smartthings app as well.  I'm operating the lights through a link to my TP-Link Kasa Smart account, not Smartthings.  I have done several factory resets on the lights, reinstalled them through the kasa app, unlinked and relinked my kasa account in the google home app and nothing seems to get the on and off functions to work throught Google Home.  Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Light Strip Not Responding to Google On/Off Commands -Solution
2021-05-25 17:30:22 - last edited 2021-05-26 16:50:23

@Nickp001 

The last bit of information that was received was that the Google team was able to replicate the issue and is working on a potential fix. It doesn't look like anything new has happened yet though. The current workaround is to set the brightness level rather than the state of the light strip.

In the meantime, I would recommend following up with our support team to see what other options may be available to you: link

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Light Strip Not Responding to Google On/Off Commands -Solution
2021-05-25 17:30:22 - last edited 2021-05-26 16:50:23

@Nickp001 

The last bit of information that was received was that the Google team was able to replicate the issue and is working on a potential fix. It doesn't look like anything new has happened yet though. The current workaround is to set the brightness level rather than the state of the light strip.

In the meantime, I would recommend following up with our support team to see what other options may be available to you: link

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Light Strip Not Responding to Google On/Off Commands
2021-05-26 16:51:42
Thanks, good to know it's not user error.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1126

Replies: 2