Motion Sensor for Kasa App ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-31 23:54:49
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to trigger some of my Kasa smart plugs with a motion sensor to detect when someone goes by it. What motion sensor can I use that will be compatible and work with my existing smart plugs with the Kasa app.

I am using:

HS103's

HS105's

HS110's

I need something that works locally so I can't use something like IFTTT.

Thanks,

Jerry

Options
2 Reply
Re:Motion Sensor for Kasa App ?
2021-06-09 21:31:22

@JerryH 

We currently do not have a motion sensor available, we did announce the KT100 (motion sensor), but there is no additional information regarding that so far. Currently, in order to utilize a motion sensor, you would need to use platforms such as IFTTT/Alexa/Google Home/SmartThings.

Options
Re:Motion Sensor for Kasa App ?
2021-06-12 03:50:58

@JerryH I couldn't find an easy way to connect a motion device to any of my Kasa devices. While I was looking for something that would work I found Kasa released a new camera, the EC70, that I could use as a motion sensor. I can use this camera to trigger one of my Kasa devices on or off with motion from the camera. Not exactly what I wanted but it works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1455

Replies: 2