Use smartplugs in separate network, no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-01 22:29:59
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to use the HS103 smartplugs in a separate IoT wifi network.

This network is isolated (ie no WAN connection) and will talk only to an administrative hub (HomeAssistant).

The plugs should work on a fixed timer schedule, with using hub to manually turn on/off when needed.

Assuming i use my phone in the IoT network to setup the plugs, what will stop working without cloud access? (besides firmware updates).

Options
2 Reply
Re:Use smartplugs in separate network, no internet
2021-06-09 20:39:14

@NotSoSmartz 

If you set up the plugs and configure a time schedule, that should save internally so even with no internet access the schedules should still continue to function.

Other than what you mentioned regarding firmware, remote access won't work nor will any control from any third-party platforms like Alexa or Google Home.

Options
Re:Use smartplugs in separate network, no internet
2021-06-11 07:28:12

If you set up the plugs and configure a time schedule, that should save internally so even with no internet access the schedules should still continue to function.
How to remove curse of binding

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 2